Good Way to Organize Your Analytical Essay
There are different ways to structure your analytical essay. However, your essay should consist of three main parts, which are introduction, main body, and conclusion. Writing this kind of essay can be easy if you know all the components of it. In case you have no idea how to write an analytical essay, here are professional tips from Fresh-Essay.com.
Introduction of the Analytical Essay
The main goal of your introduction is to interest and provide the reader with background information of your topic. The introduction should be engaging and state an argument. You should provide a strong and clear thesis statement at the end of the introduction.
- You should get your readers interested from the beginning. The first part of introduction should arouse reader’s interest. This is called the hook. It should be surprising and interesting. This can be achieved with the help of rhetorical questions, unusual information, or some important statistics. For example, if the paper is about Harry Potter, you might say, “Some Christians have criticized the Harry Potter series for promoting witchcraft since the publication of the first book, Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone. However, the theme of sacrifice which plays one of the main roles is taken from Christianity.” These two sentences have a little bit of controversy and present what the essay will discuss.
- Develop a catchy thesis statement. Good analytical essays should have strong thesis statements. The thesis statement is the main idea of your whole essay. Your thesis can be, “The theme of sacrifice is prevailing throughout the Harry Potter series, which is expressed as sacrifice for the ultimate gain and greater good.”
- Prove your thesis. You should present the reader the way you’re going to back up your claim. Writing an analytical essay outline is a good idea in such a situation. For example, you should explain the reader that you will analyze the sacrifice of Voldemort’s soul for immortality and the instances of Harry’s “death”. These points will build the main body paragraphs.
Get 15% OFF
your 1st order
Main Body of Your Analytical Essay
Each paragraph of the main body should have a topic sentence with three sets of claims. Then you should present evidence to support your claims and after that connect them with the topic sentence. Moreover, it is unnecessary to make three claims. It doesn’t matter what is the number of your claims. You can make one, two, three, four, or five claims with sufficient evidence. It is your choice.
- Create a strong topic sentence. Your analytical essay should be built in such a way that each topic sentence in every paragraph of main body presents exact information of the section. Your first paragraph can begin with, “Harry Potter was ready to sacrifice his life and fulfill the prophecy to save the rest of the magic world.”
- Make a claim. You can divide your topic sentence into smaller claims. For instance, Harry was actually willing to die as his death would be of great significance. He also was ready to fulfill the prophecy.
- Provide evidence from the book. You should always support your claims with evidence from the book. You can provide quotes or paraphrase some parts of the text to prove your claim. Use appropriate citations to support your claim that Harry was ready to sacrifice his life for greater good. Remember to properly quote or cite information from the book according to the demanded writing format in order to avoid plagiarism.
- Connect your evidence with the topic sentence. You should clearly explain why you included this evidence so that your essay doesn’t become a summary. All students have to know the analytical essay definition in order to write a high quality paper and make sure that the paper has proper analytical essay format. For example, you should provide the reader with information that when Harry and his friends found out about prophecy, they understood that either Harry or Voldemort had to die, and that Harry was willing to do that.
Conclusion of the Analytical Essay
After you have created the main body, it is time to write a conclusion. It should briefly summarize main points but not repeat them. You should also restate your thesis in the conclusion section. To effectively end your essay, you can relate your topic to real life situation or state how your argument could change someone’s view while reading the book you analyzed.
Writing an analytical essay of superior quality can be challenging since there are many important points to be followed. While some students can easily cope with this task, others spend hours thinking how to write this essay and where to find help. Fresh-Essay.com is their way out of this difficult situation. Our reliable and competent custom essay writing service will help you with all you writing problems. In case of any questions, you may always get in touch with our friendly customer support team that will gladly assist you. Do not hesitate to get rid of your studying problems. Let us do this for you. Remember that studying process can be funny and simple with Fresh-Essay.com. Rely on us and you will never regret!